- USE CLOTH DIAPERS AND REDUCE DIAPER RASH!
Diaper rash is seldom a problem when using cloth diapers. Cloth diapers
are more breathable and cloth diapered babies are changed more often,
as the diaper starts feeling damp after (on average) 3-4 hours.
Disposable diapers mask the wetness, therefore child care providers and
parents have no indication of how long the child has been wearing a wet
or poopy diaper. This, together with the fact that disposable diapers
become much hotter, allows more rapid bacterial growth which can cause
diaper rash. If your baby has sensitive skin the reaction to the
chemicals in disposable diapers may also contribute to diaper rash.
- CLOTH DIAPERS ARE FAST AND EASY TO USE !
The new styles of cloth diapers now available are as easy to use as a
disposable. The added effort of doing two or three additional loads of
laundry per week is worth the many benefits for your child, your
pocketbook and the environment.
- CLOTH DIAPERS ARE COOL & COMFORTABLE FOR BABY!
Cloth diapers are soft and comfortable made of natural, chemical free,
very absorbent fibers. Most diapers are made of cotton. Unlike
disposable diapers, cloth diapers stay cool even on the hottest summer
- POTTY TRAINING IS EASIER WITH CLOTH DIAPERS!
On average cloth diapered children potty train 6 months earlier than
children wearing disposable diapers. Cloth diapers do not mask the
sensation of wetness.
- CLOTH DIAPERING FITS ANY LIFESTYLE! Cloth diapering easily adapts to fit even the busiest lifestyle or any full time daycare situation.
- CLOTH DIAPERS ARE THE HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE - Safer for new delicate skin, cloth diapers don't contain any of the harmful chemicals that disposables are loaded with.
How many Diapers do I need?
Newborns you'll need about 10 - 12 diaper changes per 24 hr period - so
you will need about 24 - 30 diapers for a two day period. As you can
see the amount of diapers depends on how often you want to wash.
older babies (about 5 months plus or when their BM slow down) 6 - 8
diaper changes per 24 hr period is usually a good amount - 15 to 20
diapers will usually do two days. At this age most babies don't need to
be changed at night, which cuts down the amount of diapers.
For toddlers I usually don't recommend more than 5 or 6 diapers per day.